Thursday 18 February 2016

Follies and Chorus Girls!

I find these images so glamourous and entrancing! 
Can you imagine the spectacle of the Folies Bergère in Paris in the 1920's or the Ziegfeld Follies in America? 

When I come across vintage photos of follies and chorus girls I'm blown away by the lavish costumes and intricate detailing. My desire to time travel increases ten fold as I dream of visiting such a heady show from by-gone times.

I'd like to start my trip in Paris about 1924 and work my way to Vegas in the 1960's!!!
I expect I'll be waiting quite a while for the time travel thing to happen and once it does I'll be too busy saving the world to do anything as indulgent as attend a few shows. So I'll just have to make do with these glorious photos!!!

Oh, and I'd just like to point out that all of these costumes would have been handmade... Who made them? How long did it take? How many sparkles did they have to attach??? Whoever you were, I salute your mammoth task in creating such beautiful stage attire.  

 1920's 
  Folies Bergère, Paris, 1920's
  Folies Bergère, Paris, 1920's






Chorus Girl images from Vintage Everyday

No comments: